5 situations in which you should visit your dentist immediately
For most people, dental problems are unavoidable at some point in their life. However, good hygiene can help you avoid dental and gum diseases for longer. In other words, this means that it is important to brush your teeth at least twice a day, use mouthwash, eat healthily and visit your dentist regularly. If you happen to experience problems or notice some unpleasant changes on a Saturday, a dental practice open on Saturdays is ready to help you. It is essential to visit your dentist: your oral health and avoiding unwanted complications depend on it.
5 dental situations in which you need to visit a dentist immediately:
- Broken or chipped teeth. This can be caused by an injury, brittle teeth or grinding your teeth. Cracks can sometimes be in places that are not only invisible to the naked eye, but also to dental X-rays. Nevertheless, there may be unwanted complications if such cracks are not spotted early.
- Severe toothache. This symptom often indicates tooth decay, with, the pain sometimes caused by pus. In any case, it is necessary to contact your dentist immediately if you experience this. If treatment starts early, it is possible to save the tooth; if not, a tooth sometimes needs to be replaced with a dental implant. A dental practice open on Saturdays can help to avoid such an outcome. A qualified specialist will immediately evaluate the situation, find the cause of the pain and provide a treatment plan.
- Jaw injuries. Your teeth are not the only part of your mouth that can be affected by injuries. If you have injured your jaw. and an infection has appeared in your oral cavity, contact a dentist immediately. The specialist will evaluate the overall condition of your teeth and oral cavity, provide advice, check the infection and take the necessary steps to ensure your oral health. Keep in mind that even the slightest of jaw fractures can impact your smile.
- Bleeding gums. This problem usually indicates one of the most common gum diseases: inflammation. It is easily curable in its early stages, so you should not wait for the inflammation to stop by itself. If untreated, the inflammation can even eventually cause a heart attack or stroke. This is also one of the main causes of tooth loss. If you experience bleeding gums at the weekend, you are advised to visit a dental practice open on Saturdays to avoid such risks.
- Loss of a tooth filling, dental crown or bridge. Sometimes it is not so easy to spot that a tooth filling or other dental reconstruction has come loose. In some cases, however, it can become a serious problem that requires immediate attention. You should contact a medical specialist immediately upon noticing any such changes, otherwise you might risk complications such as septicaemia or nerve damage. If this problem is not sorted out early, it may become very difficult to treat at a later stage.
All of these problems can be dealt with fairly easily if they are spotted early. Here at the Sandyford Healthcare clinic, our experienced and attentive dentists are ready to help you not only on weekdays, but also Saturdays. In the event of an emergency, do not therefore hesitate to register for a dental appointment.